Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Five Boys with Squirtguns

My dog Lily started barking which is rare for her. I went to see what was up. Two of the five nine year old boys with squirt guns came into the yard to get water from my hose. I asked them to please leave the yard and they did. I thanked them. Then they asked me to please fill their squirt guns. I agreed and took the five day glow green and orange machine guns one at a time filling them up and handing them back to them. They were heavy! Then I shut the door and resumed working. They rang the bell and asked for more water and I refilled their squirt guns. They rang again, and again. Okay this is the last time because I have to get back to what I was doing. What are you doing? Cooking, I said. What are you cooking? Beets. They are good kids, I love them but they just need some clarity and boundaries and so do I.

No comments: