Saturday, August 27, 2016

Crying Out for Help

He used to tell me how many days and hours he's been clean and sober. So I always cheered him on. He had a girlfriend who took pills and threatened to kill herself (long distance over the phone).

He said he had a great mother but big big big problems with his father. I gave him my orange fleece scarf one zero degree day. He was outside in his Statue of Liberty "Liberty Tax" costume waving at the one way traffic downtown.

Chief, Linda, Mike, and Sylvia were at my house for lunch yesterday. Wendy showed up for lunch but missed the first shift. We had a neighborhood summit.

Later, when Wendy told me she had been robbed by a kid she trusted and liked a lot I had no idea it was Nick.

So sad. When mental health issues like bipolar or whatever get mixed with the big scary drugs it's TRAGIC. This was a very likeable kid and Wendy felt the same way.

What was that movie with Susan Sarandon trying to save the boy Sean Penn who is on death row?
Dead Man Walking.

Anyway I hope he gets a great lawyer and more chances at rehab. This kid would die being kept in a cage. As Wendy said He's crying out for help.

So sad. It's all I could think about all day. I am in shock.

No comments: