Sunday, August 21, 2016

3AM:Trust the Magic

Its that magic time of year: late August. The Histamine High, as my doctor called it. The RI Ragweed allergy season is intense and if I don't ingest antihistamines decongestants and lots of coffee and take my puffer, my asthma inhaler I am doubled over in gastrointestinal agony. So I ride the wave for a few weeks until it's over. Once again swimming and writing are important daily grounding forces.
Yesterday we played the Looff Arts Festival and it was one of our greatest gigs ever. I had tweaked my back the night before from sitting 14 hours at a stretch at Bill's computer. I was walking like a 101 year old lady. I was very worried about how I would dance and parade while playing my saxophone. The show must go on, I told myself. So I gently stretched and swam in the local pool, and took ibuprophen. I read that walking was helpful so I walked my dog as usual. Then showtime arrived and the magic took over. Trust the magic!

No comments: