Monday, August 29, 2016

Woosh Season is Upon Us

This is what I call whoosh season or the undertow season. Things won't slow down until November first and then they stagnate until January 4th or so.

Everything has to happen now before the big slowdown.

I have fabric that is begging to become new curtains and or a blouse.

I have injured my back ten days ago but the daily hot baths and swims are still the cure and walking helps too. Time is a healer. As long as I am not sitting in a chair or car I feel no pain.

Bill had been washing 8 pounds of kalamata olives in overnight baths of water and now re-brining them is salt water. We went to the Restaurant Depot in Cranston for olives and the ones we got had not been properly processed. They tasted like dish soap. We read up on the solution to the problem and it worked. I hope to go back to the depot again someday if nothing else just to fondle the wheels of cheese and buy a boat load of asparagus.

No comments: