Saturday, January 28, 2017

Botero Quotes

Art should be an oasis: a place or refuge from the hardness of life.
-Fernando Botero

I have the sensation of doing something good for people, more than being a trendy artist or a successful artist.
-Fernando Botero

I believe that it's better to have a conviction, believe strongly in something, and then the convictions create a style that reflects your mentality.
-Fernando Botero

Expression without culture is flat. Many artists come out of art school and start doing things that don't last. They are audacious because of ignorance. They are irresponsible.
-Fernando Botero

All my life, my girlfriends are always skinny. Beauty in art has nothing to do with beauty in reality. Why do you like primitive art? Because there is beauty in the deformity. Sometimes paintings that people consider realistic are not at all. Raphael figures look realistic, but in real life, they were deformed.
-Fernando Botero

I love art so much because of curiosity. At the start of a painting, I know 10 percent of what the painting will be, and then I have to improvise the whole thing.
-Fernando Botero

The circus is a global theme. It exists in all parts of the world - maybe not in Africa, but it exists in Asia in all parts. In Latin America, it's difficult to find a person who hasn't gone to the circus.
-Fernando Botero

The circus leaves a sweet memory.
-Fernando Botero

All the animals I've painted always have a relationship with man. I have been told that part of the knowledge of the human anatomy comes from animals.
-Fernando Botero

No comments: