Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Sourdough Waffles, Very Forgiving

I throw everything into my waffles and my husband is very tolerant.

I use my whole wheat sourdough starter 1/2 a cup

flour 1/2 cup
(buckwheat, or corn, or rice or whole wheat, or you name it)
I use whole wheat or buckwheat or corn

1 cup of mixture of rolled oats and cornmeal(wholegrain cereal from Bobs Red Mill or King Arthur works too. Or grind your own!

kosher salt to taste (more needed when using whole grains)

herbs and spices (savory waffles love herbs)

baking soda 1/2 teasp

sugar, honey or molasses, or maple syrup or sweetened coconut
or sweetened cranberries 1/2 cup
I use coconut

pumpkin or banana puree 1 cup

beaten eggs (2)
milk or yogurt or buttermilk to the right consistency 1/3- up to 1cup

nuts or seeds (optional)

corn oil 2Tbsp

I love to start my day with an everything under the sun waffle! Freeze the leftovers or refrigerate them for later. Share with your neighbor!

No comments: