Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Early Birds

The alarm went off at 4AM. I went downstairs and remembered that Bill fixed the waffle iron. I plugged it in and started checking my online mail and the smoke alarm went off. I am dangerous. Luckily no harm done. I started making the last of the waffles using the remaining batter from yesterday. I packed them up for Bill's breakfast and lunch and filled the freezer box. The sky brightened. I drove off with Lily to our auto mechanics shop, and left the car and jogged home. There were cars and people everywhere. The coffee shops were full. School buses out. The Mohawk kids were out back playing basketball. I offered the oldest boy a poop bag. He scooped up after his dog Dennie, and to my horror threw the bag into the tree. Where it still hangs.

No comments: