Tuesday, March 21, 2017

In the Kitchen

I am still feeling sorry for myself after mouth surgery and I broke down and took the pain pills. Meanwhile I have been teaching myself how to make CUBAN COFFEE.

I learned that cooking small pasta in the pressure cooker rocks! It's fast! Be sure to use oil and salt to prevent foaming and stand there for the 4 minutes it cooks under pressure. You need not use a lot of water either. Just enough to cover the dry noodles. (Save the water for soup or bread stock) Then pour the vegetable pureed topping over noodles. (I used pureed carrots and potatoes one night and pureed turnips and sweet potatoes the next) add your favorite sprinkly cheese or tomato sauce and enjoy.

I am thinking again of getting a fish tank because just like classical music it has a calming effect. Not all classical music and not all fish are calming.

No comments: