Friday, February 16, 2018

Woonsocket's Hearth and Home Baking Community

This morning I baked 19 loaves of multigrain sourdough bread. I rehearsed yesterday with Chef Roscoe and we will be teaching on Monday and Tuesday at the MILLRACE Woonsocket incubator Kitchen for Neighborworks teens on school break next week.

For my home bread I used hard red wheat bread flour blended with freshly milled grains, beans and seeds, including whole grain hard red wheat, rye, triticale, oat bran, oats, corn, barley, soy beans, brown rice, millet and flax-seed meal. It made a hearty, nutritious sourdough BREAD. Sourdough is natural preservative! Sourdough does not go stale for at least 7 days and it always gets devoured by then.

For the workshop we are using King Arthur Flour kit to bake with the teens and the breads will be donated to CCA Community Care Alliance in Woonsocket.

We are going over the plans with the builder for the outdoor wood fired bread oven in Market Square. I offered to make a mosaic of tiles with the neighborhood kids. Am I excited? Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: