Saturday, June 30, 2018

Early Morning Walk

I woke up early 6:AM and took Romeo out for a walk at 6:30. After a day full of people I needed a long stretch of quiet space. The air was cool and the world was still asleep. I walked along the shadow side of the street onto the newly poured sidewalks in Blackstone. I saw three long-haired double pawed pregnant Persian cats in cages in the State Line Fire Extinguishers shop window. One was all black and loose in the store meowing at me against the picture window. The big oak tree at Saint Teresas has been cut down and the remaining tall trunk looks like Venus de Milo. I passed the tiny light blue Quonset hut house. Half a dozen car engines were piled up in the backyard. I kept walking admiring people's compact gardens, flags, furniture, grills, umbrellas and flowering annuals. Jackie has 6 pots of basil and 4 pots of lavender on her front porch. I found a small heavy steel ball with threaded end. This seems important, I thought so I carried it. I found a bottle of water and gave water to Romeo by cupping it in my hand. He drank it up! When picking up trash, I found an unopened package of SUNMAID RAISINS. I rinsed the dirt off the package with the water and carried them in my pouch. The gods are giving me water and sugar. This means I can keep walking all the way to the river. When we got to the shoreline I found a curvy stick. I threw it into the river. Romeo could easily see the bumps and swam out after it and then returned dropping it at my feet. I threw it a bunch of times. On my way home I picked an albino raspberry and a red one hanging on a fence and popped it in my mouth. I arrived home at 9:30 AM. My husband admired the metal ball. "That's for towing a trailer," he said. "I had a feeling it was important," I replied. "That's why I towed it home."

No comments: