Monday, June 25, 2018

Hollow Bone

Elder's Meditation of the Day June 25

We are called hollow bones for our people and for anyone else we can help, and we are not supposed to seek power for our personal use and honor.

Fools Crow, LAKOTA

In order for us to use our power well, we must become a hollow bone. We must prepare ourselves to become a channel. Our channel must be clean before we can use our power well. We must be free of resentments, guilt, shame, anger, self pity, and fear. If these things are in us, we cannot be hollow bones. These things block us from our power. The cleaner we are, the more power we move. We must become a hollow bone so the Creator can use us to do what he wants us to do.

My Creator, remove from me today all resentment, anger, fear, guilt and selfishness. Do not let my weaknesses stand in the way of my usefulness to You. Make me a hollow bone so Your power can flow through me.

Don L. Coyhis, from the book Meditations with Native American Elders: The Four Seasons

No comments: