Thursday, June 28, 2018

Frank Gehry

For me, every day is a new thing. I approach each project with a new insecurity, almost like the first project I ever did. And I get the sweats. I go in and start working, I'm not sure where I'm going. If I knew where I was going I wouldn't do it.
Frank Gehry

There is a backlash against me and everyone who has done buildings that have movement and feeling.
Frank Gehry

There is a backlash against me and everyone who has done buildings that have movement and feeling.
Frank Gehry

Architecture should speak of its time and place, but yearn for timelessness.
Frank Gehry

The game is if the orchestra can hear each other, they play better. If they play better and there's a tangible feeling between the orchestra and the audience, if they feel each other, the audience responds and the orchestra feels it.
Frank Gehry

A well-designed home has to be very comfortable. I can't stand the aesthetes, the minimal thing. I can't live that way. My home has to be filled with stuff - mostly paintings, sculpture, my fish lamps, cardboard furniture, lots of books.
Frank Gehry

No comments: