Friday, October 19, 2018

House

We brought our house plants indoors last night to avoid the frost including the two basil plants which counted as my garden. If I could keep the basil alive all winter that would be amazing but my house doesn't get enough sun and warmth. If it did I'd be like that lady who plucks leaves from her kitchen rosemary and sage plants on her cooking show. She isn't a chef she's just selling expensive equipment. My husband and I laughed at her gigantic commercial pizza oven as if that was a normal household appliance necessary to bake a cabbage stew. Lately I have been thinking, everybody has a narrative, everybody is putting on their own little puppet show. The more resources they have the more elaborate their theater props and stage set. Who is their audience? I said as we drove by the string of mcmansions on the way to the apple orchard. What story are they trying to tell?

No comments: