Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Chuck Palahniuk

“It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.”

Chuck Palahniuk, Diary

“The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”
Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

“All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.”
Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.”
Chuck Palahniuk, Diary

“It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.”
Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.”
Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

“Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.”
Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

“I don't want to die without any scars.”
Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open.”
Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

“This is your life and its ending one moment at a time.”
Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“The unreal is more powerful than the real. Because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. Because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. Stone crumbles. Wood rots. People, well, they die. But things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on. If you can change the way people think. The way they see themselves. The way they see the world. You can change the way people live their lives. That's the only lasting thing you can create.”
Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

“You realize that our mistrust of the future makes it hard to give up the past.”
Chuck Palahniuk, Survivor

“You are not your job, you're not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You are not your fucking khakis. You are all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”
Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: