Thursday, July 14, 2022

The Colonoscopy

I made it through, whew! I must've been pretty anxious leading up to it or maybe it's the summer of anxiety! The prep started at 4:30 PM and still wasn't taking effect by 10:30 PM. I was panicking since midnight is the cut off time to drink any water or any clear liquids.  I even spit up some of the Gatorade/ generic Miralax, 3 hours after completing the half gallon drinking of it. I was laughing. Vomiting is the wrong direction!!

So at 10:30 PM we Googled and learned that sometimes the prep doesn't work which made me more anxious. One colon prep advice on the internet suggested drinking some cold water and my intuition thought I should put a heating pad on my tummy since I felt activity in my abdomen and I was cold. AMEN, the floodgates opened and continued through the night and this morning right up until the appointment. It must be my extra long intestine coupled with extra anxiety this time around. I had followed the instructions to the letter.
 
I told myself to surrender and enjoy the moment.  I called the doctor the rock star when he arrived. We were all clowning around. I think it was my way of harnessing the anxiety energy into the present. 
 
Apparently I talked during the anesthesia. They teased me and said that never happens. So they upped the dose a little to quiet me.

No comments: