Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Ante Meridiem and Post Meridiem

This morning at 4:30 AM we heard a group of people talking. Then I heard police radios. I looked out the window and there were four police SUV's in the street. Two of them drove down the dead end next to the cemetery with their overhead search lights on.

I bet it was a robbery of the smoke shop but that's just a guess.

*

"They're not supposed to have a dog," he said. "They told me they got rid of it."

"It's still there. I saw it on the porch this morning."

*

When I was downtown I saw Jay. "Jay, you look regal today." He looked like his Alaskan Tlingit ancestors with his straight black hair pulled back. It accentuated his forehead, broad shoulders and brown skin. 

"I punched a framed picture and broke the glass at the hospital. I was so angry," he said 

"Did you hurt your hand?"

"No."

"Just remember you're a writer. Next time you are at the boiling point write down what you are angry about. You don't even have to keep it. You can crumple it up and throw it away. It's very therapeutic. I do it all the time."

*

"I told the priest I'd smash rocks in the hot sun for days, months, years, if I had to," Greg said.

"You're devoted."

"Yes. Say what you want about the Catholic Church but it gave me faith, gave me tools. I now have an overflowing toolbox. So I completely trust it."

"I understand."

No comments: