Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Jamie Oliver's Spaghetti With Red Onions, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Balsamic Vinegar And Basil

1lb dried spaghetti, the best you can get
1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
Olive oil
2 handfuls of sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 handfuls of basil, torn
1small handful of Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese, grated

While cooking the Spaghetti in plenty of salted boiling water until al dente, slowly fry the onion in a couple of glugs of olive oil, for 5 minutes until soft and tender. Stir in the drained tomatoes and vinegar, and throw in your drained pasta. Season and serve.

It's a stormy night and we didn't want to face the grocery store. I used a pound of frozen spinach and I added 2 cubes of my frozen homemade pesto and I chopped sun dried tomatoes and added the infused oil that came with them, then I grated some frozen cheddar cheese, I added splashes of Chianti too (and it all worked out well.) I am writing this so I'll do it again. This will be my green sauce versus a red sauce.

No comments: