Sunday, November 20, 2022

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library. Jorge Luis Borges

 “I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.”

Jorge Luis Borges

“I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.”
Jorge Luis Borges

“I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books.”
Jorge Luis Borges

“Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time.”
Jorge Luis Borges

“Let others pride themselves about how many pages they have written; I'd rather boast about the ones I've read.”
Jorge Luis Borges

“A writer - and, I believe, generally all persons - must think that whatever happens to him or her is a resource. All things have been given to us for a purpose, and an artist must feel this more intensely. All that happens to us, including our humiliations, our misfortunes, our embarrassments, all is given to us as raw material, as clay, so that we may shape our art.”
Jorge Luis Borges, Twenty-Four Conversations with Borges: Interviews by Roberto Alifano 1981-1983

No comments: