Tuesday, December 27, 2022

I am honored to share the recipe

I am honored to share the recipe of the brussels sprouts, broccoli (insert favorite veggie!)

Prepare the broccoli or brussels sprouts, green beans  (etc). by rinsing or trimming. I use broccoli stems too by peeling and chopping thin. I slice the stem knob off the brussels sprouts and slice in half. Sometimes I add fresh peeled and chopped garlic. Sometimes I add red chili flakes. Sometimes I add Sriracha!

Okay place the rinsed  broccoli (or favorite veggie) in the pan cast iron or heavy bottomed pan. THEN turn on heat. You will hear sizzling. Stir with wooden spoon. The greens will sear and have brown areas. You want this! This is roasting and it brings out a lot of flavor. You can roast veggies in the oven too but this is faster.  Save oven for another situation. Okay then pour in some olive oil (maybe 1/4 cup) and stir madly. The greens will get greener! Keep stirring. They are roasting and steaming at the same time. After a few minutes pour in about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water or stock for flash steaming to finish off the cooking. Then add a dash of  soy sauce, or Adobo, salt or both! A drop of toasted sesame oil. Sooo good.

No comments: