Sunday, December 18, 2022

Cinnamon Raisin Sourdough Bread

I started with this recipe and doubled it. Then I made an error. If you choose this recipe be careful and don't add the egg+ water (for the wash) to the filling like I did, causing a huge leaky dough crisis. 

I remedied the error by mixing in a bunch of rolled oats to absorb the extra pint of liquid and more salt. I reshaped the dough into small loaves and proofed them again. Then I baked them at 400 degrees in my six loaf hamburger bun pan and my four baby loaves pan. Making a total of 10 small breads, perfect for holiday sharing.

UPDATE: The loaves taste fantastic! We toasted slices of the bread this morning and it's a delicious cinnamon raisin oat-wheat bread. The sweetness reminds me of Portuguese Sweet Bread. Next I will try this recipe.

Just a note: my sourdough starter is always made with whole wheat flour.

No comments: