Monday, July 20, 2026

Toxic Dynamics Family Jealousy and Competition

When I was a child my grandmother taught me how to knit. Her father was a professional knitter in Manhattan. Grandma made everything sweaters, scarves dresses and even outfits for my dolls.

One day my sister came into my bedroom room and sabotaged my knitting project. She tangled and yanked apart the yarn and left. I discovered the damage later.

Now we are in our 60's and not much has changed. The sabotage continues in spite of my moving away at age 15.

What is the origin of this jealousy and sabotage?

 INSECURITY. 

She was the one beaten and thrown around the room regularly at age 11. She was miserable and angry. Understandably. But somehow I was the one sent to therapy and hospitals for unnecessary surgeries for most of my childhood. 

Make use of your emotions and your beautiful life. Read books, move your body, make music, healthy food, paint pictures. Enjoy the day. 

No comments: