Saturday, December 16, 2006

Doggie Drive-Thru

They say changing your walking routine is good for keeping the paths of your brain open. I love this idea and I am a person who loves to make different loops through my city, walking down the streets from a variety of directions. When I had two gigantic 70-pound dogs, one a very unsocialized coon-hound, we had to limit our walks to places where there were no other dogs or people. It was fine because I was in my loner phase anyway. But now I am more gregarious, and coincidentally so is my dog. With Honey, everywhere we go is an occasion. Last night I walked the city in the warm dark and enjoyed all of the lights. On my way home I saw a guy do exactly what I often do: he walked up to the Dunkin' Donuts drive-thru window with his yellow dog, and ordered a coffee; his dog put her paws up on the windowsill! I had to laugh - I think we're starting a trend!! By the way, why is there braille on the ATM machine at the bank's drive-thru? Never mind.

1 comment:

Rachel Nguyen said...

I have thought about taking my bunny for a walk, but worried about what would happen if we encountered a dog! LOL.

So instead we build little cities for him out of cardboard and he can order his coffee at the paper cafe that Noah created for him.

Later, when he is Frankenbunny, he knocks all the buildings over.