Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Honey's World

We've got a strong, warm wind, and just now a transformer blew up on our street, kaboom! It bloinked out the lights, made a BIG FLASH and shut off our computers for a second! Bill and I and Honey ran out into the dark street. All of our neighbors had done the same, to see what we could see. Which was nothing. But the police did come and block off a part of the street. Very exciting. Now we're off with Honey to get orphaned vegetables, a new inhaler, and cheap shampoo and hair goo at Job Lot! Hey, I just realized it's a Friday night!!! How strange not to have known the name to the day. All I knew was that it was December first.

Honey is a star! Two people came out to greet us earlier today while we were walking though town. One was a lady who used to waitress at the Moonlight House of Weiners on my street (yes, that's really the name,) and now she has her own new hot-dog place near the North Main Street butcher shop. She gave Honey a hot-dog. The other was an old guy in a black car who looked familiar. He pulled over next to me as I was walking, right in front of Chan's. He handed me a dog biscuit out his car window. He said I have two Yorkshire Terriers at home and these biscuits are too big for them! I said thanks. What a world!

No comments: