Monday, January 29, 2007

Hip to Waist

Last summer I went to the beach for the first time in ages. I was surprised at how bright it was, unbearably bright! I felt like a piece of bacon on a cast iron skillet, so I kept my summer dress on and wore it right into the ocean. When I emerged I draped myself in towels and wore dark sunglasses. I looked like someone who had never experienced a beach.

I love to watch people. At a baseball game, for instance, I am watching the audience, not the game. At the beach I was startled by how many women were really shaped like hourglasses. Even with petite women, the hip-to-waist ratio was very pronounced. I was surprised yet realized this was Mother Nature's design for attracting a mate and then giving birth to a large-headed homunculus. I, on the other hand, am built more like a twelve year old boy (but with breasts). I have a much smaller hip-to-waist ratio. I buy jeans in the mens department. But since I would only be willing to give birth to dogs or Guinea pigs, it works out fine.

No comments: