Monday, September 21, 2009

Red and Blue

Today Mario the plumber came to fix the three leaking pipes leading to the boiler
He replaced the broken metal pipes with red plastic pipes and blue plastic pipes. Just like veins to the heart. I said! He shut off the house water to perform the heart surgery. While I prepared my lunch I remembered living in a tipi in North Carolina with no plumbing! I hope we can stay warm this winter I said because we never turn up the heat past 50. Where there's a will there's a way, he said. We talked about the origin and meaning of names I told him Bill's name means Helmet of will; Willhelm. And my name means Emulate. I told him I would look up his name. When he left I looked it up. Mario means manly, I can't wait to tell him!

1 comment:

charles said...

his veins will be bursting with COLOR.