Sunday, September 06, 2009

Sunset Swim

Tonight we walked to the secret swim spot and had a sunset swim! Bill threw the stick. Lily went after it and then I swam and threw it further out into the river so Lily had very long distance to swim back to shore! She got tired after about 8 throws. We saw a blue heron fly over us with its wide wingspan and scrunched up legs. It was making noise! As it was getting dark, I ducked into the bushes and changed out of my wet tank suit and put on dry jeans and shirt, sweatshirt, and dry socks and sneakers. For the first time all summer I was not walking home from the pond soaking wet! While I was drying my toes we heard a strange bird call that almost sounded like a horse whinnying but it repeated about ten times exactly the same pitch so we assumed it wasn't a horse. As we walked home through the little neighborhoods we saw people gathered around backyard campfires. We saw solar powered lights glowing in the dark! I was wishing we could swim outdoors until the pond froze solid and it was skating season!

No comments: