Friday, May 01, 2015

It Magnified my Solitude and Misery

When I was a guest art teacher at the local high school kids always asked me if I liked to smoke. Dope? I asked. No way. I can't even take a decongestant or an aspirin I tell them laughing. It's how I'm made. I'm allergic to everything, even grated cheese and wine, and my sensitivity causes severe reactions. I told them that my sister's boyfriend gave me a chance to try one toke of pot in 1976 and I spent the rest of the day hallucinating and crying from one inhalation! They are amazed. I am too. My parents were away on that day as they were every weekend and my pal Sheri babysat me as I tripped on one toke. It was not what I call fun. I became even more aware of my solitude and misery.

I worry about kids made like me.

No comments: