Saturday, June 06, 2015

Dream

I dreamed the neighborhood landlord was sitting in a chair in our house. He seemed happy to soak up our environment and he looked a little sleepy. I wondered if I should offer him something to eat or drink. There was a cobalt blue dumpster smack in the middle of our tiny white kitchen and we were maneuvering around it as we cooked a meal. People were arriving to our party. We made fun of the dumpster to our friends. I gave it a face and arms and legs, like a puppet, animating the features as I spoke. In the basement we had a cat with 6 nursing kittens each with a distinctive graphic fur pattern. One was a zebra, one had quotation marks, some were tiger and leopard patterns with different colors; cyan, magenta, yellow, and black.

There was an art store upstairs and the kittens had gotten in, knocking pens and paper and brushes on the floor. The little kids visiting were chasing after the kittens. It was total chaos and mayhem. One cat meowed I love you in English. I ran down to tell my friend Susan. Which cat spoke? she asked. I wasn't sure. I grabbed the kitten with the quotation marks pattern and said, Look at this one. I wondered what I would do with all of these kittens.

No comments: