Sunday, October 18, 2015

Communal Eating

If I could I'd put a 50 person dining room table on the double yellow line on my street just to have a communal meal. Lately I have befriended those pillow stacks of jasmine rice in Price Rite and found myself hauling one home. I am not a gourmet, I am a lover of shared healthy delicious meals. Rice can feed a nation and a neighborhood and I would like to start with the latter. We could construct bath tub sized rice cookers and serve beans and veggies and select embellishments. Meat as a condiment! We could make pressed cider and apple pies in a wood fired oven. We could churn our own vanilla ice cream. We'd have Lao, Brazilian, Dominican, West African, Haitian, Romanian, French Canadian, Russian, Irish, and Puerto Rican foods to represent all of the people on the block. Sounds like a block party to me.

No comments: