Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Stevie Ray and DOUBLE TROUBLE Live in 1985!

Here.

24 years after a tragic even took the life of such a magnificent man, I still feel the void, the emptiness, and a significant loss of Mr. Stevie Ray Vaughn. I can remember when it was announced that Stevie had died in a helicopter crash. I was at the college going in to register for my senior year and I just sat at one of the tables feeling completely isolated from all the students and faculty. It hit me hard and I felt a loss as if I had known Stevie, as if he had been a member of my own family. I celebrate his life to this day by watching any coverage I can find of him performing. Stevie might be gone physically but he is in all of our hearts and we celebrate his life every time we listen to him play his guitar. "God bless you Stevie and thank you for the gift of music you shared with the world." I want to wish all of his family members well and especially his brother Jimmie.
-KirkSH52

No comments: