Saturday, February 27, 2016

It's for YOU


The world is luscious to me. Why am I not luscious to the world?

"You are," my husband said. "Some people are intimidated by you, and others are drawn to you but try to steal it from you."
"And others have tried to slam me for my joie de vivre. For years I was defenseless because I had learned well from my mother. She had complete access to me to satisfy her ravenous narcissistic hungers. I was her jewelry box. She could pick and choose, manipulate and control."
"You were her little puppet, and she was the puppeteer with her hand up your ass."
"Exactly!" I laughed."Enmeshment defined! She had no idea she was not me and I had no idea I was not her."
"This joyous energy, love-of-life exuberance; it's meant for you," my husband reminded me. "You were taught to give it all away - isn't that awful?"
"Yes it is but not if I let it teach me something," I replied.
"Right. Let it be your guru."

No comments: