Thursday, February 25, 2016

Dream

I dreamed my studio adjoined a firehouse and we shared an interior window. In order to leave my studio I had to crawl through this window and go through the firehouse. In the dream I was dangling halfway into the firehouse when two helpful firemen I recognized as John Gage and Roy DeSoto* wearing blue shirts grabbed my arms and pulled me through the window. I woke up from the dream and noticed flashing blue lights against the building next door. I got out of bed and went to see what was happening. It was around 2:30 AM. There were no firetrucks or police cars instead I saw blue flashes of lightning illuminating the neighborhood like a gigantic camera flash. I must've registered the light in my dream. It made my eyes hurt and I got a severe headache. Then we heard rumbling that sounded like God was bowling in the heavens. In the morning my husband looked on the Wunderground weather charts graphs and he said the pressure had dropped an inordinate amount. Severe pressure drops cause severe headaches if you are a barometer head like me.


Why Does Lightning Appear Blue and Cause a Rumble?

Fans of the film Rocky are very familiar with the character played by Burgess Meredith. While Mickey, Rocky's lovable, old, grumbling boxing trainer has a lot of memorable lines, I particularly enjoy the one he uses to motivate Rocky during his training: "Kid...You're gonna eat lightning and you're gonna crap thunder!" This hilarious line, delivered ferociously by Meredith, is not without educational merit: the sound of thunder always follows a lightning event.

*Emergency! an American television series in the 70's The dedicated members of Squad 51 of the Los Angeles County Fire Department's newly created Paramedical Rescue Service take on a series of life-or-death challenges in this drama filmed in semi-documentary style. Partners John Gage and Roy DeSoto put their lives on the line to save people from all sorts of mishaps.

No comments: