Saturday, February 27, 2016

Penalizing Post Partum Women

Any woman who has never given birth but hopes to get pregnant soon should buy as much life and disability insurance as she thinks she will need before she conceives.
~
“It is scary to think that I am less insurable when I am likely someone who needs life insurance more than those without mental health issues,” she said.
~
“I often tell people that my life insurance policy helped save my life,” she said, describing the moment she scoured it to see if there was a suicide exclusion during the initial period of the policy. There was. “I knew I couldn’t leave my husband and baby in financial disaster, so instead, I dug up the courage to get the help I needed.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/27/your-money/an-insurance-penalty-from-postpartum-depression.html

No comments: