Saturday, July 23, 2016

Desk without Walls

I am writing outside today on Bill's school computer. I am in the backyard jungle and Lily my lion is roaming. I hear mostly birds, cars driving by, and leaves blowing. I was up at dawn baking and cooking, and chopping vegetables for a stir fry.

I had coleslaw with my fresh bread and German potato salad for breakfast. I missed my swim yesterday so I hope to go today during the hottest part of the day. I have hosed my head three times already and Lily too. Now she is under me on the cold sand. I hosed my denim jeans to stay cool outside.

I hear church bells. Onissi's picnic is tonight on Elbow Street. Romanian Festival!

Lately I'm having a vacation between my ears. A vacation from 14 weeks of receive mode anxiety blues. Hallelujah!

Lily is in a leaky phase and my feet are cracking from walking without shoes.

No comments: