Monday, April 24, 2017

Semolina Bender

My big bag of semolina doesn't fit in the chest freezer yet so I trip over it every morning inspiring myself to make more semolina infused dishes.

We grew up in the posh NYC suburbs but that didn't stop our mother from having Jewish panic over food shortages. All of us kids buy large quantities of ingredients at restaurant supply houses. A friend of mine asked me if I was a Mormon since I had a cellar full of grain in labeled tins. No, I'm in a food coop and if you scratch your nose at the wrong moment in the auction you'll end up with a five gallon bucket of blackstrap molasses. This happened to me and my bucket of molasses lasted for years.

As I get older I feel that sharing food is more important than the contents of the food.
David Lebovitz on making pasta.

No comments: