Thursday, April 27, 2017

Take Stock

I sliced the ham off the bone and put the slices aside to freeze in small packets. Meat is treated as an exotic spice in this house. Now the ham bone is simmering in my pressure cooker, perfuming the kitchen. Stock is money in the bank and my bank is a chest freezer given to me by a guy I met at my sister in law's summer BBQ. "I'll deliver it! We're moving," He said.

The French Radio Classique station is on 24/7. I am hoping to remember my French from junior high school, high school and college. I love the sound. Every word is beautiful. It's a gourmet language to me. And hearing another language is a welcome reminder that the world is big.

We hung another string of little white Christmas lights to light up the April gray. My indoor garden.

No comments: