Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Maria Bamford

Do you have a regular creative routine?

No, I don’t. I wish I did. One thing that has helped me is to rehearse with friends, fellow creatives. I’ll “bookend,” which means I call or text before and after doing just five-minute segments of rehearsing. Because I seriously will not do it if it’s a giant chunk of something. I’ll just never start, so now I’ve started just doing five minutes. I’m sure it will go to one minute at some point.

But just to feel like I’m celebrating it with somebody else makes it more fun. Because now that I know that the money and prestige isn’t fulfilling or that it doesn’t really make a difference creatively, the main thing is just to keep going and just make it more fun.

-Maria Bamford
Article/interview by Melody Moezzi

No comments: