Friday, June 30, 2017

Victor Hugo

The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved.
― Victor Hugo

To love another person is to see the face of God.
― Victor Hugo

Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent.
― Victor Hugo

He never went out without a book under his arm, and he often came back with two.
― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables

What Is Love? I have met in the streets a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, the water passed through his shoes and the stars through his soul.
― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables

Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.
― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables

To put everything in balance is good, to put everything in harmony is better.
― Victor Hugo

Not being heard is no reason for silence.
― Victor Hugo

You ask me what forces me to speak? a strange thing; my conscience.
― Victor Hugo

If I speak, I am condemned. If I stay silent, I am damned!
― Victor Hugo

No army can withstand the strength of an idea whose time has come.
― Victor Hugo

No comments: