Thursday, June 01, 2017

Out of Sorts

I'm out of sorts today. I swam 51 laps but yesterday I swam 90. I may have crashed a bit. Last night I was so wired and I was returning a few long and involved e-mails. A storm was approaching and I was enjoying being up. I didn't get to sleep until 10:30. My energy burst may have been caused by the extensive swim. Once I got a second wind I could've kept going but I made myself stop at 90. Today was okay but a slog and at 51 I decided I'd had enough. I'm wearing my insulting pants which makes me crabby because I can't fasten the top button comfortably.
I've been picking up trash everywhere in the neighborhood. The "new" slum landlord had someone make a huge pile of trash against the chain link fence and they never disposed of it. Now it's blowing back into the lot. The illegal auto repair and sales garages are back up and running. There are unregistered cars everywhere. We are not zoned for this! We call it the micro-climates of crime. Sometimes everything feels like a losing battle. We have tried to get the landlords to light up the outside of their buildings and parking lot. No luck. Nobody wants to spend a dime on prevention. It's only when the courts order these slumlords to do something or else, does it happen. Sad but true. The good news is we have lots of happy kids playing basketball together.

No comments: