Thursday, June 14, 2018

Part Priest Part Clown


"That's what the majority of people in the world do, they walk among the ruins of their life. Things that didn't work out, relationships that went sour, jobs that disappeared. All they can think about is their ruins, and when you focus on that you can't build a new you."
- Richard Simmons

"Singing is good for the soul. It's the first thing I do every morning, after my blessings and my grace. I put music on and I sing."
- Richard Simmons

"Even though my work is whimsical. I have a very serious job. I cry more than I laugh."
- Richard Simmons

"When the king gets depressed, he doesn't call for his wife. He doesn't call for the cook. He calls for the court jester."
- Richard Simmons

"Stop trying to find something in food that will make you feel better. I used to have eating disorders; I'd binge and purge all the time: fried oysters, po' boys, muffulettas, beignets, coffee and doughnuts. I tried to medicate myself with food when people made fun of me or hit me with a bat in school. I'd always turn to food."
- Richard Simmons

"There's a list of foods I can't have in the house. Peanut butter, can't have that in the house. Potato chips, can't have that in the house. Random little small mini candy bars, don't even think about it. I just have to watch everything. I have to stay between 1500 and 1600 calories a day. That's it."
- Richard Simmons

"Sleep is critical to me ... at least eight or nine hours a night. I start to slow down my body and my mind at least 30 minutes before I get into bed. I don't watch any disturbing or invigorating TV at night."
- Richard Simmons

"If I don't take care of myself, if I don't feel good about myself, how can I help others?"
- Richard Simmons

"I sort of think of myself as part priest, part clown."
- Richard Simmons

No comments: