Monday, February 15, 2021

Stairway from Heaven

I always find what I need. I used to say my Grandparents Nat and Sophie hovered over the Salvation Army looking down from heaven to help me find treasures.

Did I tell you the story of my dog ROMEO was having occasional arthritis on one wrist? He had been limping back in the fall after a play date. I said to Bill, "We need to get him stairs so he can walk off the bed rather than jump down." Normally ROMEO jumps into our bed at 3AM just an hour before the alarm goes off because he knows breakfast is coming. If we sleep late we'll be awakened by Romeo smacking his lips because he's drooling.

Within days of mentioning the stairs to Bill my next door neighbor had a short two step wooden bench on the sidewalk in the trash pile. I brought it home and Bill patiently taught Romeo how to step down on them to reach the floor. It lives in our bedroom and we place it next to the bed in the morning. Romeo knows the drill and he waits for Bill before stepping down.

No comments: