Monday, February 22, 2021

Chicken Mushroom Spinach Delight

Last week I purchased a pack of 6 chicken breasts on sale and wrapped them up individually  in cellophane and waxed paper and froze them for the future. Today I dove into the chest freezer and took out two of them. I sliced them very thin and set them aside. It's so easy to slice them thin when frozen. I chopped mushrooms (2 pounds) and two big white onions and began to heat my 12 inch cast iron skillet on high. The onions and mushrooms seared on the hot dry skillet and after a few minutes I added about 1/4 cup of olive oil and began to stir. I found some (about 1/4 cup) Caesar dressing on the door of my fridge and poured it on the sliced chicken sitting in a bowl and shook out the jar with a dash of water adding that too. Then I dumped the chicken with dressing into the vegetable skillet. I chopped up some roasted red peppers from a jar for color. I added a pound of frozen spinach for more color. It was so amazing. All it needed was salt and pepper and a few shakes of red chili. Next time I will make my own Caesar dressing.

No comments: