Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Rescue Curtains

Our  house foyer came with 40 year old curtains. We never touched them but they slowly began to rot away in the sun. The front shrubs hid them from view but I could see them every day and it drove me nuts. Today we finally tore them down, hardware and all.  I vacuumed up the dust. I felt naked with no curtains on the 2 gigantic windows. I ran upstairs and found two old top sheets in the attic. We bought two curtain rods the large expandable kind used for shower curtains, at JOBLOT. For the moment I have the 2 sheets draped over the 2 rods while we work on finding two sets of thermal white tab curtains. I used a plant mister to "iron" out the wrinkles. They look fine for now, and they're a million times better than the rotted ones. They smelled of time in the attic so I washed them and hung them out to dry and rehung them and sprayed them again to get out the wrinkles. They look nice.

No comments: