Friday, April 23, 2021

Dream

I had a nap and dreamed I stepped into a foyer in a house in Woonsocket. A Talking Heads song was playing and I started dancing. David Byrne and his girlfriend appeared and joined in. We were dancing in a circle holding hands with our fingers woven together held above our heads. I was smiling. I was wearing a gold heart-shaped locket on a chain around my neck and the heart swung into my mouth. "My heart is in my mouth," I said. I remembered there were photos inside so I spit it out. Mr. Byrne's girlfriend had a small empty spice tin with a soap dispenser pump stuck inside for reuse. I said "I love this idea and I just yesterday found an empty tin of Hungarian  paprika and I couldn't throw it away. Now I know what to do with it." Then I told Mr. Byrne why we love Woonsocket. "When I bought my house all my parents could say was, 'You bought your house ahead of your sister!' They didn't care how beautiful it was or that I bought it with my own hard earned money."

No comments: