Saturday, April 24, 2021

To Balance or Not to Balance: Thinking About Mood

My mood goes around and around, from receive to transmit, in a regular pattern. It is healthier for me to not ride that Ferris wheel, but to consciously engage in activities located at the center, the fulcrum. Then mood becomes almost irrelevant.

In receive mode I am always willing to center myself by swimming and writing. It feels like a life or death choice to avoid the lowered mood. 

On the other hand, transmit energy is so seductive and distracting that I often blow off my centering routines and just enjoy the heightened mood. I am delighted to drink extra coffee, stay up late, miss my swimming appointments, and enjoy feeling wild. 

As ever, I am examining these tendencies right now as I am in a well-tended receive mode state. This is how change for a fisherman is made: on dry land.

No comments: