Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Urban Surprises

Urban surprises. Yesterday morning sitting outside we heard our neighbor singing off his balcony. Glorious voice! We clapped and he became shy and retreated.

Later on we heard other neighbors, in a different tenement. Two women fighting and screaming with verbal accusations of biting and choking. I heard clamoring and thumping. I was ready to phone the police. 

Later in the day I stepped out onto my balcony and saw a smashed up door on their porch, presumably from the fighting and their tiny balcony was covered in dog feces. Their poor dog is huge and he has never been outside. This is what this particular absentee landlord has ended up with, tenants abusing each other and their pets. 

Before bed I heard the police radio and looked out. Six police were back here. One officer was questioning the kid driver of the black Mercedes and the others were standing much further away.

No comments: