Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Baked Fried Chicken

 I must try this. Crispy Fried Chicken

Awesome fried chicken. I’m only 10 years old and I made it three times. Great every time. My family and I loved it. I do find it easier to bake it in the oven for 30 minutes, turning over halfway. It was a little spicy but totally worth it. -Isabella

Today I blended the flour mixture for chicken tenders 3/4 recipe. I'll be baking at 425 F. I can't resist flour blending as I do with my breads. I'm using a blend of 1 cup of ww flour, 1/3 c rye flour, 1/3 c cornmeal, 1/3 c AP white flour, and the cornstarch, herbs and spices. We used actual diced garlic and onion and had no white pepper. We decided not to add more cayenne as the paprika and hot sauce were plenty of heat. (stay tuned for results).

Update: For this recipe we should have done it the author's way and fried our breaded baked chicken tenders. Onward. The buttermilk did amazing things. We baked it and the breading and chicken was delicious but  my adapted coating was dry so after it cooked I chopped up the baked breaded chicken and made a dill sauce using buttermilk, dill weed, Hellman's mayo and salt and black pepper. I poured it over the chopped seasoned chicken and now its the most amazing chicken salad. (4/22/21)

(4/23/21) I mixed in some cooked brown basmati rice to neutralize the intensity of the salad and it was perfect. Now can I freeze it?


No comments: