Saturday, November 11, 2006

Let Yourself

When people say they've always wanted to paint, or play music, or photograph, I always say do it, not to become rich, popular, or famous, but because ultimately it's for YOU!

Finding yourself creatively will reap the biggest riches you'll ever know. I started writing and drawing because I was lonely, depressed, miserable, joyous, imaginative, crazy, confused, angry, impatient, curious, hungry, and hyperactive. Besides discovering that I am a horrible speller with no knowledge of grammar, I found out a lot of important things about myself, just by letting myself write. The same has been true for playing music, which has the added benefit of being really FUN! In fact I believe if we all played music together and shared food there would be no war. And let me tell you, Middle-Eastern food really rocks!

2 comments:

Rachel Nguyen said...

It's so true, Emily!

Trying something new, just because you want to, is a wonderful thing!

And yes, Middle-Eastern food does rock.

Anonymous said...

You, a bad speller? No way! And besides, that doesn't seem too important these days. . . though those nuns that taught me drilled the spelling in but well, and I don't think it's like that any more.

Yes, I eat Middle-Eastern food often and LOVE it! Well, rock on, girl!

Love,

Lauren