Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Joy Voice

I wish I could go to the jam. Unfortunately I have a lung infection healing so the Urban Mermaid bari-sax player has to stay off the horn and out of the chlorinated sea for a few more days. Don't feel bad for me because the medicine the good doc gave me induced a state of ecstasy. Not a bad side effect. So I am taking notes on cosmic illumination. I am a person who doesn't desire any drugs, because my own mother-nature brain chemicals are already plenty. This is probably more than you wanted to know about the Urban Mermaid. I will rise up and flap my fins, reeds, and gills soon! And then I can swim in my Louis Armstrong fantasies.

I saw Louis Armstrong play in Hello Dolly when I was a wee little corn niblet. My head was the same size it is now, huge, which may be why my mother never loved me, nonetheless I was a budding surrealist and recognized Louis' joy. Viva la Louis Armstrong! I wanted and still want to be like him, spreading joy and love - the gurgly voice, the smile, the trumpet's red ribbons of sound. My mother had other plans, naming me after Emily Dickinson. But now, at the close of my 46th year, surrounded by love, I may have finally begun to learn to love my broken soul and be a wounded healer. Okay everybody, sing "Hello, Dolly" and listen for Louis' juicy joy voice!

No comments: