Saturday, November 11, 2006

Imaginative Dog

Sometimes when I am at my chair in the front room with my notebook I imagine the sound of the cars driving down my street to be the sound of ocean waves. In the summer, the city puts up a very tall net to catch the fly balls from the baseball field. Otherwise they land on the parked cars belonging to the folks in the elderly high-rise. When I look out my window I can see that the tall drooping nets make peaks, like a child's drawing of mountains. I said to my husband, look, we live in the Swiss Alps! One day last winter our dog Honey was barking wildly from our living room. We looked out the window and saw that the small tree out front was covered with six inches of snow, and swaying in the wind of the snowstorm. It looked like a lurking monster, with head and arms! My dog is as imaginative as I am!

No comments: